Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reading Sparks Our Imagination

When I decided to start this blog I didn't have a name. I jotted down a list of words that made my think of how I felt about books and reading. I came up with:

imagination
reading
refuge
comfort
mind
teaching
joy

Books speak to us. They feed our minds. They spark our imagination. Then it came to me: Reading Sparks. It's a perfect fit. This blog will be about books, authors, reading inspiration, plus book reviews for kids and their parents. I might throw in a little history, author biographies and other tidbits as well.

I've always loved to read. Even as a kid I had this ability to block out everything around me when engrossed in a book. Books were my refuge. I was a shy kid, very emotional with a vivid imagination. Fast forward to 1993 when I became pregnant with my son, who is now 16. His brother followed in 1994, and finally, their sister in 2000. I read to each of them from birth until they wanted to read on their own. My daughter now reads to me each night. I love watching them read, and having them tell me about a book that made them laugh or cry.

Books have always been a big part of my life and I hope that comes across in this blog.

~Brenda

1 comment:

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

While trying to track down the blogger that had bestowed the Prolific Blogger Award on me I ran across your Reading Sparks Blog.
I have a short entry you might enjoy
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/2010/03/reading-to-your-kids.html

My intention for an activity I'd like to do at least twice a month are reviews on children's books, both those that were loved by my kids as they were growing up and new ones that I am introducing to my granddaughter.

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/
(\___/)
(='.'=) Happy Easter from Bun!
(")_(")